Now for the main question on every new grad’s lips – how do I get a job? The graduate job seeking process can be daunting, frustrating, demoralising and gets you questioning why you bothered with your degree in the first place.
The quality and size of our client base means our trainee solicitors work on a wide range of cases and can therefore build expertise in many areas of the law.
Our trainees work on real life cases with real life clients, and are given responsibility from day one allowing them to challenge themselves and thrive on the opportunities available to them. Our next intake of trainees will be for 2021, the applications for this has now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied.
In our trainees we look for talented, passionate individuals who show potential to be future business leaders. Trainees will sit four six-month seats throughout the two year training contract, a dedicated supervisor is allocated in each seat to support the trainee and regular meetings are held to discuss developments, needs and opportunities.
As well as these opportunities and a competitive salary, Geldards offers additional benefits, which may include:
- Contributory employer pension above the statutory minimum
- 25 days holiday (an additional day is awarded after 3, 5, 10, 15 and 20 years’ service). As part of our flexible benefits scheme we also offer the option to purchase up to 5 more days annually through salary sacrifice
- Life assurance: 3 x basic annual salary
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay, after qualifying period
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Professional subscriptions paid
- NCP parking discount (Cardiff)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Discount with Wales Millennium Centre – Supporters Staff Card
- Opportunity to join our active Sports and Social Committee and Corporate Responsibility Teams.